Have you ever been curious about the health benefits of eating a banana and found yourself researching the blood line of the British Monarchy about 2 hours later? We call this wacky phenomenon falling into an internet rabbit hole. For some, it happens once in a blue moon in the middle of a restless night. For others, getting sucked into an internet rabbit hole is as easy as brushing your teeth in the morning.
What is an internet rabbit hole?
Just like the infamous example from Alice in Wonderland
, a rabbit hole is a never-ending path into the unknown. One thing leads to another, and suddenly you’re learning about everything and anything under the sun. When Alice fell down into the literal and figurative rabbit hole, she discovered a whole new world.An internet rabbit hole is a twist on Lewis Carrol’s classic. Instead of being confined by physical books and literature, the boundaries of an internet rabbit hole are nonexistent. That’s what makes them so dangerous!
Whether or not you want to waste time online, it’s easier than you would expect to fall into the “weird part of the internet.”WDYWK
is the kind of rabbit hole you want
to get lost in, and you know Alice would be along for the ride!
So…What Do You Wanna Know about Corgis?
Let’s get lost into the adorable, fluffy world of corgis! Did you know…?
- According to Welsh legends, corgis are magical creatures on which elves ride into battle.
- Queen Elizabeth II has owned more than 30 corgis in her lifetime.
- Corgi means dwarf dog in Welsh.
- Corgis are closely related to Siberian huskies.
- Corgis are the smallest herding dogs.
- Corgi butts have evolved to be naturally tail-less for maximum cute-fluffy-butt-ness.
- Corgis are the 18th most popular breed of dogs.
- In 2015, a corgi race predicted that Prince William and Princess Katherine would name their second child, Alexandra.
- Geordi La Corgie is the most popular corgi on Instagram with almost 400,000 followers.
Waste more time… What Do You Wanna Know about Coffee?
Warning: Reading these wacky fun facts will not
give you a caffeine boost, sorry!
- Before coffee caught on in the US in the 1700s, beer was the breakfast drink of choice.
- Americans drink a third as much coffee as tap water.
- Coffee beans are the pit of a berry, which makes them a fruit.
- After the Boston Tea Party, switching from tea to coffee became a sign of patriotism.
- New Yorkers drink almost 7 times more coffee than any other city in the US.
- The oldest cat ever was 38-year-old Cream Puff who drank coffee every morning of her long, furry life.
- In the ancient era of culture, a woman could only divorce her husband if he didn’t provide enough coffee.
- In 1674, the Women’s Petition Against Coffee claimed that coffee turned British men into useless corpses and proposed a coffee ban for those under 60.
- When coffee manufacturers make decaf coffee, they sell the caffeine to soda and pharmaceutical companies.
*5 hours later*Don’t feel bad if you fall into an internet rabbit hole, it happens to the best of us. If Alice could fall into one in the 21st century, she would go as mad as the Mad Hatter! You’ll have to enter the Waddyawannaknow internet click hole
to get the answers to all 19 verticals. Do you think you can find them all?